St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Part of being a great company is being a responsible corporate citizen and giving back. This not only compliments our long-term business objectives but it also helps to define our strategy and the way we do business. A portion of the proceeds from every Cool Contour™ Wrap are donated to help support the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering research and treatment of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Ranked one of the best pediatric cancer hospitals in the country, St. Jude is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted solely to children. On average, St. Jude has more than 67,000 patient visits each year. The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $2 million, which is primarily covered by individual contributions.Mission
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of it's founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
No Place Like St. Jude
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude invented treatments have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade.
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors. St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that “No child should die in the dawn of life.”
- St. Jude is where doctors often send their toughest cases because St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for some of the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- St. Jude was the first institution to develop a cure for sickle cell disease with a bone marrow transplant and has one of the largest pediatric sickle cell disease programs in the country.
- St. Jude is a world leader in developing new, improved treatments for children with cancer.
- St. Jude is a World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Studies on the Ecology of Influenza Viruses in Animals and Birds.
- St. Jude was recognized for the fifth year in a row as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
If you wish to learn more or make an individual contribution to support this amazing facility please visit their website at www.stjude.org